A Collection By Rosie Blay

A collection by Rosie Blay for A/W 2011/12

Tuesday 1 March 2011

My collection

I'm currently in the process of producing my collection. I have 12 pieces in my collection and I'm currently working on 5. I have completed one garment, which is the leather gathered/pleated skirt. I have sewn this to a size 12. I've lined and hemmed it and inserted a zip. At this moment in time I'm working on another skirt which is of a similar style. It's to the knee is is a browny camel coloured skirt, I have toiled this with a zip and lining and is ready to make up in the proper fabric. The third garment I have started it on is my body-con dress I have made the pattern and have made a start on the toiling, this will be made up in a stretchy lilac fabric. I have started also making my patterns for a shirt and a pair of pants but have not made a start with pattern cutting. I will be looking to continue with all this things this week. I have also started with my knitting as this is the main focus of my collection. I have started knitting two scarfs one using a french knitting technique and one using a normal knitting with a plain stitch and a purl. These two scarfs are in the process of being made. I have also started knitting a jumper for my collection using the same wool as one of the scarfs, I haven't made a big start on the jumper as I'm have some technical difficulties with it. One thing I am worried about with my collection is the colour palette, I feel I have a lot of mixed colours and I'm worried they might not flow into one another too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment